Wednesday, June 18, 2008

OUR NEW ADDITION

John Lamar Barnes


Born: 05/25/08
4:08 PM

Weight: 8 lbs 12 oz

Length: 21 inches






I was due on May 17, 2008, when that day passed I literally thought he would never come out. On May 24, 2008, I was due to go into LRMC to be induced, the only catch was that we were to call first to see if they would even have a bed for me. Jeremy and I prayed and prayed that they would be able to take me in b/c we so badly wanted to deliver our baby boy. Thank goodness our prayers were answered. I was induced at around 7 PM and my water broke (all on its own) at 4:30 AM on May 25, 2008, and that is when my labor began and OH BOY did it start! I had horrible back labor, so bad I could not lay down. I finally decided to get some pain medication, Newbane, and that worked for the next 2 hours until I received my Epidural, which was about 10 AM now. Dr. Caravello informed us that I was about 5 cm and that I would probably only dilate about a cm an hour. I was laying there still in pain for the next hour, so the Anethesologist came back in and gave me another dose of the goods, of course right when he left I then felt the urge to push. Lee Ann went to get the nurse, who then came in to check me and sure enough I was at 10 cm and it was only 12 PM, I was a little faster than Dr. Caravello had expected. Lee Ann ran out to get Jeremy who was in the Cafeteria eating with my family and Lori ran out to get Mendy, my mom was already in the room with me. Everyone made it back in time and I began to push. I pushed for 45 mins when the nurse decided that I should hold off on pushing for about an hour, so that the baby could move down more. I then began pushing and pushed for the next 3 hours. Dr. Caravello decided to take him by forceps b/c he was not coming out on his own. He came out literally doing the Gator Chomp (Dr. Caravello graduated from UF - he and Jeremy hit it off to say the least)! Come to find out the reason why I was having such horrible back pain was b/c he was face up and that would also explain why he was not coming out. John L was finally born on May 25, 2008 @ 4:08 PM.

No comments: