Wednesday, September 3, 2008

John L.'s first cold

It must be that Mother's Intuition I hear so much about... I knew my baby wasn't feeling 100%. After about 5 days of him sounding congested, Jeremy and I decided to call the Pediatrician and after describing his symptoms over the phone, they told me to bring him in. I thought he had a sinus infection, little did I know babies haven't yet developed their sinus cavities, therefore my diagnosis was incorrect. I must say though, I would have been right had his sinus cavities been developed...hehe :) He was definitely experiencing the sinus drainage in his throat which was causing him to cough and sometimes choke. Thankfully though he never ran a fever. Dr. Cory was not available to see on 08/30, so we saw Ms. Wallace, NP. She was wonderful and we will ask to see her every time Dr. Cory is unavailable. Ms. Wallace prescribed Saline Nasal Drops and that was it. What a relief!

While there they weighed and measured our growing little or should I say BIG Boy...

14 lbs 12 oz
25 inches

No comments: